This Secondary Physical Education with Qualified Teacher Status course at Sheffield Hallam University allows you to excel academically, and impart your expertise and enthusiasm for PE to the next generation.
You'll benefit from extensive field experience and gain a solid theoretical grounding. Upon graduation, you'll be fully equipped for a rewarding teaching career.
This course prepares you for a career in
- teaching Key Stage 3 and 4 physical education
- academic careers as researcher via Masters level study and PhD
- local authority/voluntary sector work or research
- non-government organisation (NGO) administrative and research posts
- enrichment work with young people
- more general graduate careers including, for example, retail management and the civil service
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Physical Education
- School Based Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesTeaching Sports Sciences Secondary Education View 372 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of physical education or sports related studies.
- Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
International14895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14895 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.