The vocational nature of this course is designed to provide capable, employable German, French and Spanish teachers - having at least two of these languages is a distinct advantage.
This Secondary Modern Foreign Languages with Qualified Teacher Status course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in
- teaching Key Stage 3, 4 and post-16 German, Spanish and French
- academic careers as a researcher via Masters level study and PhD
- local authority/voluntary sector work or research
- non-government organisation (NGO) administrative and research posts
- enrichment work with young people
- more general graduate careers including, for example, retail management and the civil service
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice 3
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Modern Foreign Languages
- School Based Training
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 436 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent, that includes substantial study in at least one modern foreign language. Or you need to be a native speaker of French, Spanish or German with any degree plus evidence of recent language study.
- Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.