This course will help you to grow academically and professionally and has, as its primary aim, the development and supply of competent teachers who are capable of securing employment in an education setting. You graduate as an experienced and employable design and technology teacher, ready to inspire young people.
This Secondary Design and Technology course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in
- a secondary teaching post
- academic career as researcher via Masters level study and PhD
- Local Authority/Voluntary Sector worker or researcher
- Non-Government Organisation (NGO) administrative and research posts
- enrichment work with young people
- more general graduate careers including retail management and the civil service
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Design And Technology
- School Based Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Teaching View 435 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of design and technology study.
- Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
International16385 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16385 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.