- The Environmental Science Option provides graduate students with an integrated, multidisciplinary education, requiring a breadth of understanding and mastery of a spectrum of scientific and engineering principles.The thesis option, designed for those interested in an in-depth experience in some particular topic, and a non-thesis option are available.
- The Geoscience Option is a two year program with specializations in stratigraphy, petrology, paleontology, sedimentology, structural geology, tectonics, plate tectonics, computer modeling, hydrology, geochemistry and paleoclimatology.
- The Environmental Science Professional Option is a Professional Master’s Degree for those interested in a career in Environmental Science.
- The Petroleum Geoscience Professional Option is a Professional Masters Degree for those interested in a career in Petroleum Geoscience. In addition to core geology courses, students are required to participate in a networking program with industry professionals, work as an intern or in a part time job in petroleum geoscience, take a course in project economics, and participate in course activities that emphasize business ethics, teamwork and communications.
Graduates of the Earth and Environmental Science at The University of Texas at Arlington will be prepared for a career as a professional geologist or a career in government policy relating to earth science and environmental issues, earth-science education, environmental law, environmental consulting or environmental medicine.
- Statistics for Earth and Environmental Scientists
- Engineering for Environmental Scientists
- Physical-chemical Processes
- Air Pollution
- Environmental Systems-biological Aspects
- Environmental Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 234 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas at Arlington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, as calculated by the Graduate School.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are used in conjunction with GPA's. For example a person with a GPA below 3.0 will need a GRE score better than average. Masters students who have succeeded in the Earth and Environmental Science s Program typically score higher than the 60th Percentile on the verbal and quantitative portion of the GRE.
International23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
National23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11044 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.