The Industrial Engineering and Management - Business and Technology program offered by Tampere University focuses on business development in international sales and sourcing networks. Companies operate in global networks; both managers and business development professionals need to understand how these networks work and how they can be managed.
In B&T, you will develop a thorough understanding of the business processes characteristic of global business-to-business markets and the ability to apply business development practices in international networks. As a special feature, our B&T programme emphasises problem-based learning in projects with the local industry. We are experts of combining theory and practice: in terms of graduate employment rates, B&T is the leading international MSc programme in Finland. An engineering background complemented with B&T is, therefore, an excellent starting point for a career in management.
This programme is aimed at students who have a BSc degree in engineering or technology. The engineering degree combined with our two-year management programme is a powerful combination with interesting career prospects in business development.
Our graduates have career opportunties, for example, in the following fields:
- Business Development
- Sales Management
- Technology Sourcing
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Market Analytics
- Product Management
- Key Account Management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme starts with an introductory course to management studies and eventually culminates in advanced courses simulating decision-making situations in real-life business. Students who hold a BSc in Industrial Engineering and Management will study a technologically oriented minor. After the three semesters, students write their master's thesis in close collaboration with a company, mostly in a paid position.
- Our experienced teachers use a broad range of teaching methods, such as lectures, class discussions, case studies, written assignments and problem-based learning with companies.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 37 other Masters in Business Administration in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree - nationally recognized first cycle degree
- which corresponds to at least 180 ECTS (European credits) or to three years of full-time study
- from a relevant field for the Master’s degree programme that you’re applying to
- from an recognised institution of higher education
- The Bachelor’s degree completed in a university outside Finland must provide eligibility for university-level master’s degree studies in the country in which it was awarded.
AND a good command of the English language for academic purposes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.