- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the management of the disease and develop advanced communication skills
- Reflect on your role as an ambassador for your patients
- Learn how to provide, promote and develop high standards of care.
Develop an in-depth understanding of managing the stages of prostate cancer including the physical and psychosocial impact of treatment, and the needs of those affected and how these needs can be addressed. You gain understanding of the wider specialist and advanced practice role in areas such as leadership, peer support, education and service development and improvement.
If you are a specialist practitioner in prostate cancer care, this course enables you to continue your academic and professional development and validate your role.If working towards a specialist practitioner role, the course equips you with core knowledge and skills relevant to the practice you would undertake in such a role.
The Prostate Cancer Care programme from Sheffield Hallam University also provides opportunities to be involved in research and service development activities in a professional, clinical or academic setting.As well as specialist clinical roles, you may also be enabled to pursue academic teaching or research careers in the UK or internationally.
Prostate Cancer UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1005541) and in Scotland (SC039332). Registered company number 2653887.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Communication In Supportive Care
- Excellence In Prostate Cancer Treatment And Care
- Addressing Priorities In Prostate Cancer Care
- Researching For Practice (Distance Learning)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 28 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Any of the following:
- A degree in a related healthcare subject e.g. nursing or radiotherapy & oncology.
- Higher diploma level, professionally recognised qualification in a related healthcare subject e.g. nursing or radiotherapy.
- Equivalent, international academic and/or professional qualifications will be accepted.
International8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA8240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.