Social workers promote human wellbeing and foster social inclusion. They mobilise the forces of individuals, the community, and state organisations to transform lives and create lasting and meaningful social change.
Field education forms a large component of the social work course. You'll undertake 140 days of work placements within human and community service organisations.
With your working knowledge of social science, research and social work, you'll be eligible for a wide range of human services or community jobs in areas such as:
- child protection
- dispute mediation and industrial relations
- health services and hospitals
- human resource management
- policy and advocacy work
- community development projects
- program and organisational development
- immigration advice and referral centres
- Federal and State Government departments (Centrelink, Department of Human Services)
- youth and family services.
This program is an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited qualification. It is an entry qualification into the social work profession and has been determined to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS). Graduates are eligible for membership of this professional association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Social Work
- Casework, Counselling and Advocacy
- Group and Community Work Strategies
- Ethical, Legal and Organisational Contexts of Social Work Practice
- Discourses of Care, Control and Protection
- Field Education
- Contemporary Themes in Professional Practice
- Social Policy
- Rights, Recognition and Social Justice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Social Work View 207 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS number: 058234C
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in a relevant discipline which includes at least one year of full time studies in social sciences (or equivalent).
- Applicants will be selected competitively based on undergraduate results and professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.