The objectives of this Airworthiness program at RMIT University are to educate you as an airworthiness engineering professional who is able to:
- analyse complex engineering assets in the initial and continuing airworthiness engineering environment, and develop engineering, scientific and technological solutions to ensure problem-free operations
- find innovative solutions from an array of possibilities through systematic problem-solving and engineering/technological systems and associated design methodologies used in all airworthiness requirements pertaining to the design, certification, operation and maintenance of aircraft
- build, lead and work in teams with trust and respect
- achieve results in an industry characterised by global competition and driven by rapidly changing market forces.
Airworthiness is a key area in aviation as it entails a set of procedures and regulations with an aim to ensure aircraft can be safely operated throughout their lives without significant hazard to aircrew, passengers or third parties. Given the stringent operational scenarios of both civil and military aircraft on a global scale, the need for aviation professionals with specialised knowledge in airworthiness is of paramount importance. The Master of Engineering (Airworthiness) is a unique program that has been designed with an aim to meet the industry needs in this area.
Graduate career paths include:
- airworthiness engineering in design, engineering and manufacturing organisations
- airworthiness policy and regulations formulation and administration in aviation regulating authorities
- aircraft and aeronautical product design and certification in design and engineering organisations
- aircraft maintenance management in airlines, continuing airworthiness management organisations and maintenance organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Airworthiness Management Frameworks
- Engineering Risk Management in Aviation
- Aviation Safety Systems
- Defence Aviation Safety Regulation
- Human Factors in Aviation Safety
- Aircraft Structural Integrity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Transportation Engineering View 12 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS provider number: 085117F
- an Australian AQF 8 Bachelor (Honours) degree or an Australian 4-year AQF 7 Bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in aerospace engineering, aeronautical engineering, aviation, aviation management with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
- Applicants who have a successfully completed a relevant degree (as above) with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, will be considered if they have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience in airworthiness.
- an Australian AQF 8 Bachelor (Honours) degree or an Australian 4-year AQF 7 Bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, automotive engineering, electronics/electrical engineering, computer network engineering, electrical avionics with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4.0 and three (3) years of relevant industry experience in airworthiness.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42240 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Commonwealth supported places (CSP)
- Full-fee places: AU$35,520 per year
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
RMIT awards more than 2000 scholarships every year to recognise academic achievement and assist students from a variety of backgrounds.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.