Designed to meet the needs of the global automotive industry, you’ll develop the skills to take a leading role in automotive engineering design, manufacturing and testing using contemporary engineering methods and computational and experimental tools.
You have the flexibility to specialise in either advanced automotive design and development or automotive manufacturing.
You will use advanced computer-aided engineering software such as LS-DYNA and Abaqus and gain hands-on experience in several state-of-the-art experimental facilities, including the full-scale Vehicle Wind Tunnel, Green Engines Research Laboratory and Vehicle NVH Laboratory.
The International Automotive Engineering program at RMIT University has a focus on sustainable design and manufacturing practices based on the entire life cycle (from 'cradle to grave') of vehicles. This incorporates the design for disposal and recycle, disassembly, life cycle assessment, alternative fuels and powertrains, and light structures.
You will develop a comprehensive understanding of the product life cycle and systems design of modern automobiles and associated technologies. This understanding is developed through project-based learning involving real-life problems in cooperation with industry both locally and internationally.
Graduates will be able to work effectively as automotive engineering specialists, leading technological innovation in cross-disciplinary teams. They will be able to work effectively within, and between, geographically and culturally diverse settings with a broad understanding of the complex automotive supply chain and logistics involved.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management of Automotive Design and Development
- Management of Automotive Manufacturing Engineering Processes
- Computational Engineering for Automobile Aplications
- Vehicle Noise Vibration Harshness
- Automotive Materials
- Automotive Systems and Control
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering Transportation Engineering View 4 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS number: 079935M
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in one of the following fields: Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Sustainable Systems or Automotive Engineering with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
- Applicants who have a successfully completed a relevant degree (as above) with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, will be considered if they have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42240 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.