A final-year research project forms an essential part of this program. Through this self-selected project (from a range of available topics) you will draw on not only the advanced engineering skills you have learnt but also coursework around ethical, economic and social responsibility.
Within their organisations, graduates take on lead roles in:
- developing and implementing plans to improve energy efficiency and productivity to cut fuel bills, and reduce greenhouse gas/pollution emissions to meet regulatory requirements
- researching, developing, demonstrating, commercialising, designing and evaluating innovative solar, wind and hydro, biomass, hydrogen and other sustainable energy supply, storage and utilisation technologies
- devising innovative sustainable solutions to current problems associated with adverse economic, social and environmental problems linked to energy supply, distribution and consumption
- maintaining and optimising the performance of installed sustainable energy technologies and systems
- managing consultative processes with social groups affected by energy-related projects and developments
The Master of Engineering (Sustainable Energy) is not accredited, although it has been developed to align with the Engineers Australiaaccreditation framework.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Photovoltaic Systems
- Electrical Energy Storage_Systems
- Sustainable Thermal Systems
- Sustainable Energy Fundamentals
- Renewable and Solar Fuels
- Wind and Hydro Power
- Professional Experience Postgraduate
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Sustainable Development View 42 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS number: 079934A
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in one of the following fields: Engineering, Science, Information Technology, Physics and Chemistry with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
- Applicants who have a successfully completed a relevant degree (as above) with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, will be considered if they have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42240 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.