The Sport Business and Innovation programme at Loughborough University will develop your understanding of key sport management and marketing principles, and will introduce you to the development of business strategy and sports governance.
You will also study the importance of entrepreneurship and innovation in a changing sport business landscape, and will undertake applied research to develop innovative solutions to a problem faced by sport businesses today.
By studying a number of hands-on and practical modules, you will examine the rapid growth in the sector and its accompanying impacts in an era of significant social, economic and technological change. Our unrivalled partnerships with a range of world-class sport organisations means you will gain expert teaching and guidance from inspiring leaders from Chelsea Football Club, West Ham United Foundation, CSM Strategic, BT Sport, World Rugby, Sport Industry Group and more.
What makes this programme different?
- Gain insights and guidance from London-based leaders in sport, including World Rugby, BT Sport, West Ham Football Club Foundation and Chelsea Football club
- Study with the world's #1 university for sport
- Discover innovative solutions to real problems facing sport businesses today
- Learn about government support for innovation and the importance of innovation in the contemporary business environment
An MSc in Sport Business and Innovation prepares you for career paths in the fields of sport, business and business innovation.
Opportunities may include careers in commercial sporting organisations, international governing bodies of sport, the government and the not-for-profit sector.
You will also acquire the skills required to establish your own sport enterprise if desired. Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sport Business Statistics and Analytics
- Business Planning
- Collaborative Project
- New Media and Analytics for Sport Business
- Organisational Behaviour in the Sport Industry
- Sport Business and Innovation
- Sport Economics and Law
- 12 months
- 23 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sports Management Innovation Management View 641 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University.
International25500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.