Sport is embracing digital technologies to improve performance and shake-up tired and redundant business practices.
The sports media provides valuable content for broadcasters, companies and sponsors. Thus understanding the importance of how technology is shaping the business of sport is essential for future sport business professionals and entrepreneurs looking to break into the digital and media industries.
Through in-depth teaching and analysis, the MSc in Sport Analytics and Technologies at Loughborough University will develop your insight into the potential of new media technologies and their influence on innovation in the sports digital and media industries. You will also gain a critical understanding of mobile internet and the latest cloud technologies, with a special emphasis on media cloud applications shifting to mobile Internet platforms.
The MSc Sport Analytics and Technologies programme will provide you with in-depth knowledge of the technologies driving sport digital and media development, and other related activities.
You will have the opportunity to develop advanced networking skills and will work in collaboration with external companies and organisations in order to compete in today’s global sport business environment.
With the UK sport industry supporting over 450,000 jobs and generating £20bn for the UK economy over the last five years, there is high demand for digital sport practitioners that are equipped with the right industry knowledge.
- Sport Business and Innovation
- Digital Sport Technologies: Evolution and Application
- New Media and Analytics for Sport Business
- Collaborative Project
- Sport Business Statistics and Analytics
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesSports Management General Engineering & Technology Sports Sciences View 308 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University.
International24750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24750 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The fee stated is for a full-time student. Part-time students should divide the fee by 180 credits and then multiply by the number of credits they are taking to calculate their tuition.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.