At the Advertising program from RMIT University you will explore a range of evolutionary communication processes to build professional knowledge and skills for today's competitive global environments related to advertising and promotional activities.
Enrolling in this degree will offer you the opportunity to develop advanced knowledge and transferable skills in advertising. You will be encouraged to build a global and local outlook on marketing and communication practices, including a creative approach to leadership, strategy planning and campaign development in the constantly evolving advertising and broader communication industries.
On completion of the degree, graduates will be responsive professional leaders with specialised knowledge of the global advertising industry. You will be able to work collaboratively in international and interdisciplinary teams and will be prepared for professional roles in advertising and promotional agencies, or consultancies and other organisations (business, government and non-profit) which use advertising to achieve their goals. You will be able to lead and manage high-quality outcomes in delivering international, integrated advertising campaigns.
As a graduate you will be able to:
- determine and apply the specialist knowledge and technical skills required to creatively solve problems, demonstrating expert judgement and ethical responsibility relating to your professional practice and discipline
- critically analyse, synthesise and reflect on complex theories and recent developments, both local and international, to extend and challenge knowledge and practice in advertising and communication
- professionally communicate propositions, processes and outcomes to address specialist and non-specialist audiences
- provide leadership within your discipline, as well as collaborate with others
- use appropriate research methods to design and execute substantial projects, evaluate the outcomes and theorise about the contribution of your learning to the profession and knowledge area
- master a body of knowledge and specific technical skills to progress your professional career within the contemporary media and communication environment.
You will be qualified to apply for roles such as:
- account service manager
- media buyer
- media planner
- strategy planner
- advertising manager
- marketing manager
- advertising data or digital analyst.
- marketing communication coordinator or manager.
- advertising, market or communication researcher
- promotions coordinator or manager
- sales manager
- events manager
Accredited by the Media Federation of Australia (MFA) and the International Advertising Association(IAA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Complex and integrated campaign management
- Brand management
- Account management
- Account planning
- Strategy planning
- Agency management
- Media planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMarketing Media Management Digital Communication View 15 other Masters in Media Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS provider number: 083949D
You must have successfully completed:
- an Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (out of 4.0) OR
- at least 3 years' professional experience in advertising, marketing, marketing communication, professional communication or public relations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 24 months.
National27840 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27840 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
RMIT awards more than 2000 scholarships every year to recognise academic achievement and assist students from a variety of backgrounds.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.