The Postgraduate Diploma Design for Visual Communication at University of the Arts London (UAL) is designed to build design skills even if you are relatively new to the subject of graphic design. The course provides you with a strong, vocational portfolio and is also useful in building your confidence to undertake further postgraduate study at Masters level.
This course would benefit people from a diverse range of professional backgrounds who wish to enhance their visual communication skills. Previous students have used these skills to present legal research or financial data in a clear and engaging manner.
The course recognises that graphic design is one of the most important and influential of what has become known as the creative industries and that it contributes significantly, directly and indirectly, to our economic and cultural well-being.
- The Postgraduate Diploma is an intensive, full-time course
- Supports career conversion, step up to Masters study and the acquisition of visual communication skills for your professional practice
- Ideal for those with a more developed design-related portfolio
- Research and Development
- Design Resolution
- Professional and Academic Context
- Collaborative Unit
- Project Proposal and Realisation
- 7 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The deadline has passed. However, this course will remain open until places have been filled. We recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesDesign Communication Studies View 526 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- Honours degree
- Possession of equivalent qualifications
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required
- Or a combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning which, taken together, can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required
- If your first language is not English, you can check you have achieved the correct IELTS level in English
- Employment history
- Personal statement
- There is no requirement for a study proposal
International15740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15740 GBP per year during 7 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 7 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.