Secure systems and networks are a vital responsibility for organisations of all sizes and in our increasingly connected world, it is more important than ever. From the latest internet worm to identity theft, danger is no more than a click away.
You will learn about local area network (LAN) security, cryptography, the Advanced Encryption Standard, RSA, smartcards, biometrics, ethical hacking and information systems risk management.
This course includes opportunities for cyber security internships with industry organisations, both large and small.
Some of the cyber security roles undertaken by RMIT graduates, in both government and private organisations, include:
- penetration testers
- IT risk analysts
- security managers
- forensic analysts
- security auditors
- network security engineers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Case Studies in Information Security
- Discrete Mathematics
- Programming Fundamentals
- IT Infrastructure and Security
- Cryptography for Cyber Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 56 other Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS number: 055526D
- An Australian bachelor degree in computing, or IT, or software, or electrical, or electronics, or communications, or mathematics, or physics with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent or
- An Australian bachelor degree in a scientific/engineering/technical field with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent, with evidence of at least three years’ current, relevant work experience in the field of IT/ information security.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37440 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37440 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic students: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.