The mission of the Studio Art program at The University of Texas at Arlington is to:
1. Enable artists, filmmakers, and designers in the program to develop habits of:
- Make connections with various media and mediums to expand visual and conceptual vocabulary
- Meet distinguished artists, filmmakers and designers to enhance the meaningful on-going dialogue related to their work and future.
- Provide studio space for students to explore methods of concept development, the exploration of time based media, reflection and development of personal work.
- Encourage students to develop new skills and enhance existing ones. Expand the conventional concepts of the "studio" and are encouraged to develop their personal style and direction.
- Encourage graduates to compete for professional positions in teaching, artistic fields and pursue careers as exhibiting artists, filmmakers/writers, and designers.
- Critical Perspective In The Visual Arts & Visual Communication
- Research In Studio Intermedia (Studio)
- Research In Glass
- Research In Visual Communication
- Topics In The History Of Art & Design (Varied)
- Research In Film/video & Screenwriting
- Creative Strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 813 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Submit transcripts from all previous college or university work, and three letters of recommendation are required of all applicants. In addition, applicants should have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0, as calculated by Graduate Admissions. Applicants must submit a portfolio and statement of intent. The Art and Art History faculty review all materials and positively recommend acceptance into the M. F. A. program.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 24 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.