The Analysis and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures programme at National Technical University of Athens offers courses and research opportunities in the areas of earthquake engineering and structural dynamics, structural analysis and design, computational mechanics, geomechanics, reliability and risk analysis. ADERS is designed, with its variety of topics, to prepare students for carriers as consulting engineers, in private or government organizations, researchers, or members of the academic community. Students will have the opportunity to balance practical engineering concepts with advanced computational methods in order to meet the challenges of earthquake engineering.
The field of Earthquake Engineering is now entering well into the 21st century by encompassing improved mathematical and statistical models, accurate and efficient computational analysis tools, full scale virtual experimental testing platforms and improved energy absorbing materials and technologies.
The Graduate Programme ADERS aims at integrating the above ingredients towards providing to its students the required knowledge for:
- Understanding the underlying principles and limitations of current seismic codes.
- An increased seismic reliability of new constructions through basic research on modeling and applied research in code specifications and practices
- Implementing advanced methodologies for seismic design, repair and assessment.
- A rational assessment, retrofit and rehabilitation of existing structures - including historical monuments, which need to be re-evaluated and upgraded, respecting the history of traditional practice and using sophisticated materials
- Applied Structural Analysis of Framed and Shell Structures
- Theory of Shells
- Plastic Analysis of Framed Structures
- Structural Dynamics
- Recent Advances in RC Design Models
- Geotechnical Engineering in the Design of Structures
- Seismic Design of Surface and Underground Geotechnical Structures
- Non Linear Finite Element Analysis of Structures
- Boundary Elements
- Experimental Earthquake Engineering
- Stochastic Finite Elements
- Advanced Mechanics of Mansory
- Pathology and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures
- Optimum Structural Design
- Aseismic Design and Analysis of Structures
- Engineering Seismology
- Load-carrying Behavior and Design of Structural Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Information Systems in Construction Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at National Technical University of Athens and/or in Greece, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
University degree in the field of engineering (Bachelor, Diploma or similar) from an accredited Engineering School with a duration of 4 or 5 years.
Non-native speakers of English language must provide a certified proficiency in the English language such as:
- Certificate of a CERF C1 or C2 level in English language.
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 220.
- IELTS with an overall score of 7.
- Confirmation from university, if the undergraduate studies were completed in English.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 18 months.
- According to the NTUA’s Senate decision, the ADERS Programme does not charge tuition fees.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.