The Analysis and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures programme at National Technical University of Athens offers courses and research opportunities in the areas of earthquake engineering and structural dynamics, structural analysis and design, computational mechanics, geomechanics, reliability and risk analysis. ADERS is designed, with its variety of topics, to prepare students for carriers as consulting engineers, in private or government organizations, researchers, or members of the academic community. Students will have the opportunity to balance practical engineering concepts with advanced computational methods.
The field of Earthquake Engineering is now entering well into the 21st century by encompassing improved mathematical and statistical models, accurate and efficient computational analysis tools, full scale virtual experimental testing platforms and improved energy absorbing materials and technologies.
The Graduate Programme ADERS aims at integrating the above ingredients towards providing to its students the required knowledge for:
- Understanding the underlying principles and limitations of current seismic codes.
- An increased seismic reliability of new constructions through basic research on modeling and applied research in code specifications and practices
- Implementing advanced methodologies for seismic design, repair and assessment.
- A rational assessment, retrofit and rehabilitation of existing structures - including historical monuments, which need to be re-evaluated and upgraded, respecting the history of traditional practice and using sophisticated materials
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Structural Analysis of Framed and Shell Structures
- Theory of Shells
- Plastic Analysis of Framed Structures
- Structural Dynamics
- Recent Advances in RC Design Models
- Geotechnical Engineering in the Design of Structures
- Seismic Design of Surface and Underground Geotechnical Structures
- Non Linear Finite Element Analysis of Structures
- Boundary Elements
- Experimental Earthquake Engineering
- Stochastic Finite Elements
- Advanced Mechanics of Mansory
- Pathology and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures
- Optimum Structural Design
- Aseismic Design and Analysis of Structures
- Engineering Seismology
- Load-carrying Behavior and Design of Structural Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Information Systems in Construction Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Potential applicants must possess a degree in Civil Engineering and be graduates of a 4-year or a 5-year curriculum offered by an accredited Engineering School.
Non-native speakers of the English language must provide a certified proficiency in the English Language:
- TOEFL, with a minimum score of 220, or
- The Proficiency of the University of Cambridge or an equivalent language examination test.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
All postgraduate students enrolled in ADERS M.Sc. Programme are provided with scholarships covering their Tuition Fees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.