Design research projects undertaken within this course sit at a contemporary and international level. Design research enables you to engage profoundly with the discipline. You will investigate issues and topics that are relevant to contemporary issues in urban and natural contexts increasingly affected by climate change, natural disasters and misappropriation of land.Study in RMIT’s unique design studios
You’ll learn through design studios, which operate as laboratories conducive to experimentation, investigation, and the exploration of design as an agent that responds to issues in the built environment. Studios are led by distinguished local and international academic practitioners drawing from a diverse field of knowledge and experience.
Top 3 reasons to be part of RMIT Landscape Architecture
- Learn through design studios, which model the best-practice of industry
- Open up employment opportunities and develop industry contacts
- Be immersed in an urban design laboratory in Australia’s design capital.
This course will prepare you for the professional practice of landscape architecture, working independently or as part of a large team. From urban design projects to working with large open spaces, the parameters of projects are broad.
As a landscape architect, you will find career opportunities in the design offices of landscape architects, architects, planners, urban designers and engineers throughout Australia, and government organisations at federal, state and municipal levels.
Graduates may also become involved in smaller projects such as private gardens, historic estates and productive landscapes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Architecture Design Research Studio
- Landscape Architecture Design Research Seminar
- Landscape Architecture Professional Practice
- Landscape Architecture Postgraduate Special Initiative
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Landscape Architecture View 77 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS number: 064392E
You must have successfully completed:
- the Bachelor of Landscape Architectural Design from RMIT University with a grade point average of 2.5 (out of 4.0) or above. OR
- an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in architecture or landscape architecture or a related design field. You will be selected competitively based on your grades and folio.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42240 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: Commonwealth supported places
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.