The Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education program from The University of Texas at Arlington enables teachers to specialize in advanced coursework in their teaching fields and other professional certification areas designed to meet a variety of professional goals.
- Elementary teacher
- Elementary Bilingual and ESL
- Middle-level teacher
- Secondary Education
- School Counselor or Administrator
- Neuroscience Research
- The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education and M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education offer opportunity for students to pursue graduate studies by taking a Core component of 4 courses (12 credit hours) in the College of Education focusing on topics such as inquiry-based, problem-based teaching and learning, diversity, and classroom research, and a Concentration area component of 6 courses (18 credit hours).
- The six concentration area courses may be taken either in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction for a science and mathematics content-curriculum integration emphasis and/or in the College of Science for deeper subject matter emphasis in the various science and mathematics disciplines.
- These programs offer flexibility in course selection, yet are focused on science and mathematics teaching and learning in K-16 educational settings.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Teaching View 4297 other Masters in Education in United States
Basic admission requirements must be met before a student can be accepted. In meeting these requirements, an applicant
- must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent, with a satisfactory grade-point average;
- must have an acceptable and current score on the aptitude tests of the Graduate Record Examination or the Graduate Management Admission Test, as specified by the department or program to which application is being made;
- demonstrate potential for graduate work in the chosen field through previous academic performance; and
- be approved for admission by the department in which a degree is sought. Certain programs require students to submit to and satisfactorily complete a background check review as a condition of admission and/or participation in education experiences.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.