The degree is a 30-hour non-thesis, non-certification program, focused on integrating cognitive science, neuroscience, and education to challenge and information pedagogy.
The Mind, Brain, and Education program from The University of Texas at Arlington focuses on the potential and limits of cognitive neuroscience in education and the central role educators can play in shaping research agendas in MBE.
- Elementary teacher
- Elementary Bilingual and ESL
- Middle-level teacher
- Secondary Education
- School Counselor or Administrator
- Neuroscience Research
- Master’s degree and university graduate-level certificate programs must be completed within six years (time in military service excluded) from initial registration in the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Coursework that is more than six years old at the time of graduation or program completion cannot be used toward meeting the requirements for a master’s degree or university graduate-level certificate.
- Coursework that is more than five years old cannot be used toward state certification requirements for licensure.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Cognitive Sciences View 784 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas at Arlington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Proof of two or more years of relevant experience.
- Undergraduate transcripts with at least a 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours or at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. The higher of these GPAs will be used for admission purposes. A 3.0 GPA on the last 9 hours of graduate coursework may be considered in place of the undergraduate GPA.
- Two professional letters of reference. Letters from supervisors are strongly encouraged. Applicants for the M.Ed. in Special Education submit a personal statement of interest. M.Ed. in Special Education applicants who are not certification seeking submit only a personal statement of interest rather than letters of reference.
International23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
National23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11044 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.