The Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education program from The University of Texas at Arlington enables teachers to specialize in advanced coursework in their teaching fields and other professional certification areas designed to meet a variety of professional goals.
- Elementary teacher
- Elementary Bilingual and ESL
- Middle-level teacher
- Secondary Education
- School Counselor or Administrator
- Neuroscience Research
- Special Educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Science Education and M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Mathematics Education offer opportunity for students to pursue graduate studies by taking a Core component of 4 courses (12 credit hours) in the College of Education focusing on topics such as inquiry-based, problem-based teaching and learning, diversity, and classroom research, and a Concentration area component of 6 courses (18 credit hours).
- The six concentration area courses may be taken either in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction for a science and mathematics content-curriculum integration emphasis and/or in the College of Science for deeper subject matter emphasis in the various science and mathematics disciplines.
- These programs offer flexibility in course selection, yet are focused on science and mathematics teaching and learning in K-16 educational settings.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Earth Sciences Natural Sciences View 188 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate transcripts with at least a 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours or at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. The higher of these GPA's will be used for admission purposes. A 3.0 GPA on the last 9 hours of graduate coursework may be considered in place of the undergraduate GPA.
- Two professional letters of reference. Letters from supervisors are strongly encouraged. Applicants for the M.Ed. in Special Education who seek certification submit a personal statement of interest and two professional letters of reference. M.Ed. in Special Education applicants who do not seek certification need only submit a personal statement of interest
Applicants who have less than 2 years of relevant work experience
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.