Why choose this course at London College of Fashion
- Career opportunities: this course equips students for a range of roles within fashion. Career opportunities include building your own brand, working for a brand, or working in a different area such as trend prediction or styling.
- Tailoring methodologies: this course delivers both progressive and historical British tailoring methodologies from a team of recognised practitioners.
- Research staff: this course benefits from an allocated member of research staff to nurture new thinking.
Masters graduates have an acknowledged advantage in the employment market, obtaining work in a wide range of vocational and academic fields related to fashion. The course provides the industry with graduates who will have the capability to work as part of a creative team as a colleague and an individual. Graduates will have transferable skills for the creative industries including an understanding of high levels of design, time and project management, production and technical knowledge of types of manufacture supported by an aesthetic awareness and academic underpinning.
The Fashion Design Technology (Menswear) course from University of the Arts London (UAL) in the past has benefited from constant contact with the industry. External assessors and tutors, leading buying and merchandising teams, stylists and photographers, journalists and editors, entrepreneurs and business consultants show an increasing interest in the emerging talent the course generates. International employers include Alberta Ferretti, Alexander McQueen, Zac Posen, Chloe, Loewe, Pringle, Hussein Chalayan, Roland Mouret, Hugo Boss, Levi's, Givenchy, Gieves and Hawkes, DKNY, Browns Focus, Harvey Nichols, Topman and Savile Row tailors.
- MA Fashion Design Technology (Menswear) offers the scope to develop a broad range of innovative design methods through studio practice involving specific levels of manufacture appropriate to fabrication.
- The course is designed for graduates with a fashion/textile background and also welcomes womenswear graduates who wish to diversify their practice by applying transferable skills to menswear in an expanding industry/market context.
- The course offers a particular insight into traditional men’s tailoring and construction but also offers insights into how to balance this with contemporary concepts and technologies.
- Students will develop their work, both conceptually and technically, through investigative research and can access specialist facilities for hand crafted and digitized manufacturing processes within the College's five sites.
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The deadline has passed. However, this course will remain open until places have been filled. We recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 121 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
- An Honours degree at 2.1 or above in a related discipline. Applicants with a degree in another subject may be considered, depending on the strength of the application;
- OR equivalent qualifications
- You will be required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) in support of your application. This should include your full education and employment history.
- The personal statement is your opportunity to tell us about yourself and your suitability for the course that you intend to study.
- Your study proposal should be no more than 600 words (excluding research sources, bibliography and appendices).
- You will be required to submit a digital portfolio with a maximum of 30 images.
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 15 months.
National11550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 GBP per year during 15 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.