The City and Regional Planning programme offered by The University of Texas at Arlington does this by training students to apply planning theory, knowledge, techniques, and skills to “real world” planning problems through coursework, studios, and internship opportunities.
UTA’s City and Regional Planning Master’s Degree Program is accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB). The program’s mission, goals and objectives, and accreditation efforts are shaped in consultation with the MCRP Advisory Board composed of alumni and area practitioners.
The program’s curriculum imparts knowledge, skills and values necessary for entering the planning profession. The degree requires completion of 48 hours of study.
MCRP Program Highlights
- 2 Year Graduate Degree Program with Certificates
- Nationally Accredited Program with a Long History
- Excellent Internship and Job Placement
- Located in the heart of Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, 4th largest Metropolitan Region in the Country
- Employment Opportunities & Mentorship Programs
UTA’s City and Regional Planning Master’s Degree Program is accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
- Planning History, Theory and Ethics
- Planning, Urban Development and Structure
- Metropolitan Sustainability and Plan Making
- Leadership and Communication Skills in the Planning Process
- Techniques of Planning Analysis
- Plan Implementation, Zoning and Regulations
- Land Use Planning and the Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Landscape Architecture View 214 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Texas at Arlington and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The MCRP program takes a holistic approach to the application review process. Each applicant file is reviewed individually with equal consideration given to the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the student’s record. A complete application includes:
- Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA): The undergraduate GPA based on the last 60 hours of course work as calculated by the Graduate Admissions from the official transcript.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores: Verbal, Quantitative, and Writing (Exceptions: Outstanding UT Arlington graduates may qualify for GRE waiver providing they meet certain requirements. See "Waiving the GRE" below)
- Letters of Recommendation attesting to the applicant’s potential to do Master’s-level work and complete the program. Letters for Master’s programs should be from professors or supervisors at work
- Essay by applicant approximately one double-spaced page in length (approximately 250 words).
International23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
National23486 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23486 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11044 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.