The City and Regional Planning programme offered by The University of Texas at Arlington does this by training students to apply planning theory, knowledge, techniques, and skills to “real world” planning problems through coursework, studios, and internship opportunities.
UTA’s City and Regional Planning Master’s Degree Program is accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB). The program’s mission, goals and objectives, and accreditation efforts are shaped in consultation with the MCRP Advisory Board composed of alumni and area practitioners.
The program’s curriculum imparts knowledge, skills and values necessary for entering the planning profession. The degree requires completion of 48 hours of study.
MCRP Program Highlights
- 2 Year Graduate Degree Program with Certificates
- Nationally Accredited Program with a Long History
- Excellent Internship and Job Placement
- Located in the heart of Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, 4th largest Metropolitan Region in the Country
- Employment Opportunities & Mentorship Programs
UTA’s City and Regional Planning Master’s Degree Program is accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB).
- Planning History, Theory and Ethics
- Planning, Urban Development and Structure
- Metropolitan Sustainability and Plan Making
- Leadership and Communication Skills in the Planning Process
- Techniques of Planning Analysis
- Plan Implementation, Zoning and Regulations
- Land Use Planning and the Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Landscape Architecture View 157 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Basic admission requirements must be met before a student can be accepted. In meeting these requirements, an applicant
- must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent, with a satisfactory grade-point average;
- must have an acceptable and current score on the aptitude tests of the Graduate Record Examination or the Graduate Management Admission Test, as specified by the department or program to which application is being made;
- demonstrate potential for graduate work in the chosen field through previous academic performance; and
- be approved for admission by the department in which a degree is sought. Certain programs require students to submit to and satisfactorily complete a background check review as a condition of admission and/or participation in education experiences.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.