The Department of Civil Engineering at American University of Beirut offers the degree of Master of Engineering (ME) with the following majors and concentrations:
Major: Civil Engineering (CE)
- Concentration: Construction Engineering and Management, Geotechnical, Materials, Structural, and Transportation
Major: Environmental and Water Resources Engineering (EWRE)
- Concentration: Environmental Engineering and Water Resources Engineering
Also offered is a program leading to the degree of Master of Science (MS) in Environmental Science with the following major:
Major: Environmental Technology (ET)
- The master’s degree programs equip students with the necessary tools for professional practice and/or the pursuit of higher education
- Construction Business Management and Financing
- Design and Analysis of Construction Operations
- Building Information Modeling
- Infrastructure Construction and Evaluation
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Plain Concrete
- Special Topics in Concrete
- Prestressed Concrete
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Physics
- Official university transcript(s) – All levels
- Graduate Application (apply online)
- 2 recommendation letters
- AUB graduates or graduates from US/UK/AUSTRALIA/CANADA are exempted from ELPR
- $50 US application fee.
International32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Beirut
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.