You will gain significant workplace experience to prepare you for the real world of teaching. Through our extensive partnerships, you will undertake supervised teaching placements and have access to many different professional-experience opportunities.
We offer a range of disciplines, so you can become a teacher in the area you love. Choose from dozens of options, including:
- outdoor education
Graduates of the Master of Teaching (Secondary Education) at Victoria University who have passed the National Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education are eligible for registration as secondary teachers (pending accreditation with VIT). Graduates also pursue careers in a range of educational related industries and organisations.
You'll also be able to pursue careers in a range of education-related industries and organisations, that could include:
- special-education teacher
- educational-publishing editor or writer
- museum or gallery educator
- corporate learning and development
- education-supply liaison officer
- outdoor education specialist
- student welfare officer.
This course is accredited by the Victoria Institute of Teaching (VIT)(external link), which means you will be eligible for registration to teach in the whole of Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Epistemologies of Practice
- Critical Literacy for Diverse Communities
- Teacher as Practitioner and Researcher
- Curriculum and Multi-modal Learning
- Education Research Design and Methods
- Indigenous Perspectives and Standpoints in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 134 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a discipline that meets VIT specialised requirements
- Applicants will also be asked to complete an assessment of their non-academic attributes. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from countries other than Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada or the Republic of Ireland will be required to complete IELTS (or equivalent): Overall 7.0 with Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5.
International27400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Domestic students: Commonwealth Supported Place
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.