Refine your craft as a teacher by engaging in informed classroom discussions and undertaking practical research. This Master of Teaching (Primary Education) at Victoria University course will prepare you to teach in all areas of the primary curriculum. It includes scope to pursue specialist studies in literacy, numeracy and science.
You will gain significant professional experience to prepare you for the real world of teaching. Through our extensive partnerships, you will undertake 60+ days of supervised teaching practice in a primary school.
Careers in teaching
Postgraduate study in education is increasingly important in the advancement of a professional education career. Our Master of Teaching (Primary Education) will prepare you for a rewarding career as a primary school teacher.
You will be eligible to apply for primary-school teacher positions after you graduate from the Master of Teaching (Primary Education), register with Victoria Institute of Teaching (VIT)(external link), and pass the National Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education.
You'll also be able to pursue careers in a range of education-related industries and organisations, that could include:
- special-education teacher
- educational-publishing editor or writer
- museum or gallery educator
- school-holiday program or aftercare coordinator
- education-supply liaison officer.
This course is accredited by the Victoria Institute of Teaching (VIT), which means you will be eligible for registration to teach in the whole of Australia.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Language and Literacy in the Primary Years
- Teaching and Learning Primary Mathematics
- Science in Primary Education
- Curriculum and Multi-modal Learning
- Primary Health and Physical Education
- Humanities in Primary Education
- The Arts and Design in Primary Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 131 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent).
- Applicants will also be asked to complete an assessment of their non-academic attributes. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from countries other than Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada or the Republic of Ireland will be required to complete IELTS (or equivalent): Overall 7.0 with Listening 7.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5.
International27400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13700 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Domestic students: Commonwealth Supported Place or full-fee available
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.