The graduate program in Gender and Women’s Studies offers advanced study in three tracks:
- Geographies of Gender and Justice
- Gendered Political Economies
- Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/ North Africa
Geographies of Gender and Justice
Geographies of Gender and Justice offers advanced study of contemporary practices and problems of justice ranging from international justice regimes to national legal cultures to social and economic justice claims with a particular focus on the global south.
Gendered Political EconomiesThe specialization in Gendered Political Economies engages with shifts in the gendering of economic and political trajectories of late modernity. It deals with issues relating to poverty, labor politics, political economies of desire, migration, mobility and development histories and practices. The aim is to provide students with a solid grounding in the nexus between gender and modalities for reorganizing the political economic order in the contemporary world.
Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/ North AfricaThe Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East, North Africa focus offers an interdisciplinary field of analysis that draws its questions and approaches from the humanities and social sciences through investigating how relations of gender are embedded in social, political and cultural formations. It provides students with an interdisciplinary and transnational perspective with special emphasis on the Middle East and North African region.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theorizing Gender
- Gender and Feminist Research Methodologies
- Justice: Histories and Theories
- Women and Human Rights
- Theorizing the State
- Reading Capital
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Applicants seeking admission to the graduate program should have an undergraduate degree of high standing in the social sciences or humanities with an overall grade of gayyid giddan or a grade point average of 3.0 or above. Those who lack this background but who are exceptionally well qualified may be admitted provisionally.
- Provisional admission usually involves additional non-credit coursework to prepare the applicant for graduate work over one or two semesters. Provisionally accepted students must successfully complete the required prerequisites before being admitted to enroll in GWST graduate courses. Students are admitted to the graduate degree program in the fall and spring semester.
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National522 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 522 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.