Economics in International Development from The American University in Cairo should be of interest to those who plan to seek a position or a career with a wide range of development-related institutions at the macro or micro levels.
United Nations agencies, The World Bank, bilateral donor representative offices or projects, non-governmental organizations, and development finance institutions. In addition, the program equips students to assume technical positions in government departments directly concerned with development planning and evaluation.
- The Economic Setting for Development
- Advanced International Trade
- Quantitative Methods
- Project Evaluation
- Research Practicum
- Labor Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Development View 3 other Masters in Economics in Egypt
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The applicant for admission to this program should have a good knowledge of the concepts and analytical tools of economics.
- The department uses as reference for admission, minimum acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) of 150 verbal, 150 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- At least two online letters of recommendation
- Official academic records
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International19845 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.