You'll gain experience in adult, child and adolescent counselling, focusing your learning on:
- counselling and psychological theory
- counselling interventions and psychological therapies (for adults, children, adolescents and families)
- practical skills through industry-based learning and placement.
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Master of Counselling covers:
- insights into a range of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety, grief, loss and addictions
- an understanding of the ethics of counselling
- the completion of a practice-based minor thesis.
Careers in counselling
This Master of Counselling at Victoria University course leads to careers in:
- family support
- multicultural services
- community work
- school counselling
- welfare services
- palliative care
- refugee services
- youth work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Individual Awareness
- Theories and Techniques of Counselling
- Child and Adolescent: Theories and Techniques of Counselling
- Applied Techniques of Counselling
- Social and Ethical Issues in Counselling
- Research Methods in Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology Counselling View 39 other Masters in Counselling in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Suitability for the profession of counselling as determined at an interview.
International28100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14050 AUD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Domestic students: Commonwealth Supported Place
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.