You'll gain experience in adult, child and adolescent counselling, focusing your learning on:
- counselling and psychological theory
- counselling interventions and psychological therapies (for adults, children, adolescents and families)
- practical skills through industry-based learning and placement.
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Master of Counselling covers:
- insights into a range of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety, grief, loss and addictions
- an understanding of the ethics of counselling
- the completion of a practice-based minor thesis.
Careers in counselling
This Master of Counselling at Victoria University course leads to careers in:
- family support
- multicultural services
- community work
- school counselling
- welfare services
- palliative care
- refugee services
- youth work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Counselling Theories and Interventions
- Counselling across the Lifespan
- Ethics and Professional Practice for Counsellors
- Supervision and Reflection Practice for Counsellors
- Evaluation and Research for Counselling Interventions
- Working with Diversity in Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology Counselling View 90 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Diploma (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Suitability for the profession of counselling as determined at an interview.
International28100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14050 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.