You'll gain experience in adult, child and adolescent counselling, focusing your learning on:
- counselling and psychological theory
- counselling interventions and psychological therapies (for adults, children, adolescents and families)
- practical skills through industry-based learning and placement.
Accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA), the Master of Counselling covers:
- insights into a range of presenting issues, including depression, anxiety, grief, loss and addictions
- an understanding of the ethics of counselling
- the completion of a practice-based minor thesis.
Careers in counselling
This Master of Counselling at Victoria University course leads to careers in:
- family support
- multicultural services
- community work
- school counselling
- welfare services
- palliative care
- refugee services
- youth work.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Individual Awareness
- Theories and Techniques of Counselling
- Child and Adolescent: Theories and Techniques of Counselling
- Applied Techniques of Counselling
- Social and Ethical Issues in Counselling
- Research Methods in Counselling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Psychology Counselling View 6 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Australia
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
- Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
- If you do not meet the minimum requirements you may be eligible for one of our special admission programs. We also encourage you to explore our study pathways to help you reach your goal.
International25800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25800 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National19200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19200 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.