This Biomedical Sciences programme at Radboud University can offer you a programme that coincides with your future plans and professional interests. This is because we offer all our Master’s students a tailor-made programme allowing you to pursue your own field of interest regardless of whether you want a broad knowledge of biomedical sciences or an in-depth specialisation.
This programme offers a solid basis in research with close ties to three research institutes in Nijmegen. They are known for a good atmosphere among their researchers where all members are considered a valid part of the team regardless of level. All three institutes are located on the campus of the Radboud university medical center which means you will be researching within clinical practise. There is no better way to experience how research benefits the health and well-being of the patient; the ultimate goal of all biomedical research.
Master's in Biomedical Sciences: something for you?
- Choose from one of eight specialisations in Nijmegen or design your own programme.
- Get the opportunity to construct your own programme based on personal, academic and professional interests.
- Pursue your own field of interest regardless of whether you want broad knowledge of biomedical sciences or in-depth specialisation.
- Get a thorough understanding of the molecular, individual, and population aspects of human health and disease, and you will be specialising in a biomedical science of your choice.
- This study programme is ranked in the top worldwide in its field by ARWU/Shanghai, QS and THE.
This Master’s programme in Biomedical Sciences will teach you refined research skills. However, at Radboud University we understand that not everyone wants to become a researcher. A biomedical scientist has lots of options. To help kick-start your career after graduation we offer you three career profiles. There are mandatory courses connected to each option, but also room to make your own choices: teaching internship, writing project, advisory report for a governmental agency or of course, another research internship.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme is structured as follows:
- A coherent set of biomedical courses in relation to your chosen specialisation (≥24 EC for research profile, or ≥ 18 EC + 12 EC profile courses for communication and consultancy profile)
- Internships (≥60 EC)
- Literature thesis (6 EC)
- Electives (Remaining study load)
- Applied exercise physiology
- Orthopaedic biomechanics in motion
- From vascular function to vascular failure
- Neural control of movement
- Movement science in rehabilitation
- Disorders of movement
- Clinical human movement sciences
- Drug Safety and Toxicology
- Health Technology Assessment
- Immunology and host defence
- Medical Neuroscience
- Molecular Medicine
- Free specialisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please submit your application before 1 March if you require a scholarship. Students with private funding should submit their application before 1 April.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 47 other Masters in Biomedicine in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Your foreign Bachelor's degree must be equivalent to a Bachelor's degree obtained at a Dutch research university (BA or BSc). Your Bachelor's degree needs to be in the same area of study as the Master's degree that you are applying for. (E.g. Life sciences, Medical Biology, Biomedical Sciences)
Further academic requirements include:
- Basic understanding of human physiology and major pathophysiologic processes of disease
- Experience with problem-based learning at academic level
- At least two months of hands-on practical experience.
- English proficiency
- Letter of motivation
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nijmegen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a number of scholarships available only for international Master’s students. You can find the full list, including details about eligibility requirements and how to apply, on the university's website
- Please do note, that most of these scholarships are not fully funded. The Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) is the only scholarship that offers both fully and partially funded scholarships.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.