This approval represents a breakthrough in higher education in Israel, as Shenkar is the first academic institution, which is not a university, whose research potential is recognized by the Council for Higher Education. There is no other institution in Israel teaching for a Master’s Degree in Plastics Engineering.
- The approval for opening the Plastics Engineering Research Program at Shenkar College was celebrated in the polymers and plastics industry as well.
- At the program's festive launching, both Sami Sagol (a prominent Israeli industrialist and the owner of Keter Plastic) and Meir Bar-El (Director of the Israel Plastics and Rubber Industry Society and Deputy Director of the Manufacturers' Association of Israel) expressed the hope that this program would prepare and contribute to the next generation of researchers and developers needed for the advancement of the multi-disciplinary plastics industry.
- The study program at Shenkar includes two routes: a research thesis route or a final project route. The degree received in both routes is the same, M.Sc. in Plastics Engineering, and students studying in both routes can enjoy scholarships granted based on their achievements.
- However, those opting for the thesis route enjoy also a monthly scholarship financed by the industry and additional funding for their research program, granted by the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Economics, Industry and Commerce and the US-based Pernick Fund.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 4 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Israel
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants for the engineering departments are required to a have a matriculation certificate and a psychometric score, as follows:
- Polymer Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering and Industrial Engineering and Management: a psychometric score of 620 or an average grade of 90 and above in external exams and in the final project in practical engineering studies, and a matriculation average of 85 (including bonuses).
- Master's program in Polymer Materials Engineering / Industrial & Management Engineering: average of 80 in undergraduate studies.
Living costs for Ramat Gan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.