With its abundance of academic medical centers, Philadelphia should be one of the healthiest cities in the nation—yet health disparities persist in the city at levels surpassing national averages. Health status is especially troubling in North Philadelphia, where a disproportionately high number of residents suffer from preventable and treatable health conditions—and many battle chronic illnesses without health insurance. The interdisciplinary membership of Temple University’s Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, and Policy (CBUHP) includes community residents, faculty, students, and staff representing numerous schools within Temple University and the Temple University Health System, all working to improve health status for vulnerable urban populations and to position Temple University as a nationally recognized expert in the field of urban health and bioethics.
CBUHP is committed to defining and addressing the ethical challenges of urban health care, public health status, and policy. The M.A. in Urban Bioethics at Temple University, offered through CBUHP, trains students in the ethics and values of health, health care delivery, and health law and policy underlying the urban context of density, diversity, and inequalities. Coursework is practical, methodological, and theoretical. The degree is designed for Temple graduate students and area professionals who face, or will soon face, the complexities and disparities of urban health, and want specialized training in the ethics, values, and politics of health care in our increasingly multi-dimensionally diverse society.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Urban Bioethics 1 (Professional Students)
- Urban Bioethics 2 (Professional Students)
- Community Engagement I (Professional Students)
- Community Engagement II (Professional Students)
- The Values, Ethics, & Economics of Health Care Delivery in Urban Communities (Professional Students)
- Critical Social Science and Urban Bioethics (Professional Students)
- MA in Urban Bioethics Thesis (Graduate Students)
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Biodiversity & Conservation Urban Planning View 180 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1295 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1295 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National1295 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1295 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State944 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 944 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.