Students of the Sociology program at Temple University have a variety of career goals, ranging from academic research and teaching to research and administration in private or public agencies. The master's program provides advanced training in sociological theory, statistics, and research methods. The program's main areas of graduate teaching and research are Gender and Sexuality, Immigration and Globalization, Medical Sociology, Race and Ethnicity, and Urban Sociology.
Areas of Specialization: The main areas of graduate teaching and research are:
- Gender and Sexuality
- Immigration and Globalization
- Medical Sociology
- Race and Ethnicity
- Urban Sociology
Graduates of the M.A. program are typically employed as applied researchers and administrators in private and public agencies.
- Classical Social Theory
- Contemporary Sociological Theory
- Logic of Inquiry
- Inferential and Multivariate Statistics
- Qualitative Methods
- Graduate Data Analysis
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology View 654 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your interest in Temple's program; your research goals; your future career goals; and your academic and research achievements.
- Standardized Test Scores
- Writing Sample: The writing sample should demonstrate your ability to conduct research and write a scholarly paper. The paper may be on any topic. It must be fully referenced according to a professional and scholarly style.
- Resume: Current personal resume or curriculum vitae required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International41199 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41199 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State29946 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.