The Master's degree programme concludes with the master's thesis. The students choose a given topic in the fields of constructive design, architectural or urban design. In consultation with a professor, qualified students are given the opportunity of pursuing a self-selected topic.
The Master's degree programme in Architecture offered by ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology lasts two years and should be supplemented with an additional six-month internship period. A total of 120 credit points must be obtained.
The master's degree requires another six-months of additional professional experience (internship) in the field of architecture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Curriculum (Study plan)
- The illustrated graphic shows the individual subjects and the time range of the study programme.
- Core courses: it is mandatory to achieve a min. of 4 ECTS in each institute.
- The fourth semester is reserved for the Master's thesis; all other performance assessments must be completed prior to the thesis.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 7 other Masters in Architecture in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduates from a Swiss School of Applied Sciences (FH), USI Mendrisio and EPF Lausanne do not have to hand in a portfolio.
- Front page (1 page) *
- Curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
- Project nr. 1
- Project nr. 2
- Project(s) nr. 3
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.