Through coursework, professional development opportunities and fieldwork experiences, thr Social and Behavioral Sciences students at Temple University learn to plan, implement and evaluate programs designed to improve the health of all people.
Social and behavioral sciences is a public health discipline that focuses on health promotion, illness prevention, and barriers to health behavior change, on both individual and health system levels. Professionals in this field use the tools and insights of the social and behavioral sciences to reduce health disparities and promote positive health outcomes, both in the general population and in vulnerable populations such as children, those with chronic physical and mental illnesses, and individuals living in poverty.
As a student in the social and behavioral sciences program, you will be prepared for practice-oriented careers in health counseling and education, health promotion, public health program development and evaluation, and research. Our graduates become public health leaders in community-based health agencies, healthcare systems, state and local public health departments, and voluntary health organizations. You will also be able to launch a career in research program management or continue your education in public health doctoral programs.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Public Health Core Courses
- Environmental Health
- Applied Analysis of Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- Fundamentals of Public Health
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Organisational Behaviour View 281 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In 500 to 1,000 words
- Standardized Test Scores
- Clearances: The M.P.H. program requires students to complete fieldwork education. In the M.P.H. program, it is the fieldwork site that determines the clearances, such as criminal background check and FBI fingerprinting, needed by a student.
- Resume: Current resume or CV required
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International29358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.