You will also learn to formulate governmental and organizational policy designed to improve population health and the patient experience of care and reduce the per capita cost of healthcare.
Effective, evidence-based health policy is essential to the well-being of people around the world. Health policies typically involve subsets of public policies that should, but do not always, serve the interests of the public. Such policies may be affected by the distribution of resources and services and influences, political or otherwise.
Students in the Health Policy and Management master’s degree program at Temple University may pursue transdisciplinary coursework and cross-cultural research across multiple departments in the College of Public Health, as well as in Temple University’s professional schools, including the Beasley School of Law, the Fox School of Business and the Lewis Katz School of Medicine.
Graduates of the MPH in Health Policy and Management program are prepared to assume positions of leadership in a variety of health services organizations and settings. Our graduates pursue careers in organizational administration, health policy analysis and healthcare research, among others.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Public Health Core Courses
- Environmental Health
- Applied Analysis of Health
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration View 1564 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Temple University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In 500 to 1,000 words.
- Clearances: The M.P.H. program requires students to complete fieldwork education. In the M.P.H. program, it is the fieldwork site that determines the clearances, such as criminal background check and FBI fingerprinting, needed by a student.
- Resume: Current resume or CV required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International30513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1453 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30513 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1453 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State22260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1060 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.