Environmental factors and sustainable development are the predominant determinants of health in individuals and communities. Proper environmental management is the key to protecting public health and avoiding most preventable illnesses, which are directly caused by environmental factors. The environment influences our health in many ways, including exposure to physical, chemical, and biological risk factors, and related changes in our behavior in response to those factors.
- Applied Biostatistics (APBIO)
- Environmental Health (EH)
- Epidemiology (EPI)
- Health Policy and Management (HPM)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
Areas of Specialization: The Environmental Health degree program at Temple University is offered in five specialty fields of study:
In addition, a certificate in Global Health is available to all students in the M.P.H. program. Students are able to complete this transcripted concentration by utilizing their three elective courses for Global Health classes.
Graduates with an M.P.H. in Environmental Health have positions in a wide range of health-related settings, including state and local public health departments, community-based organizations, voluntary health agencies, health maintenance organizations, hospitals, clinics, schools, and work sites. Graduates are employed as infection control coordinators, project directors, evaluation specialists, marketing specialists, research directors, prevention specialists, environmental health specialists, senior health educators, and adjunct faculty and consultants. Virtually all students are placed within three to six months of graduation.
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Environmental Health
- Applied Analysis of Health
- Epidemiological Research Methods I
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Sciences View 1574 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Write a well-considered 500- to 1,000-word statement of purpose that articulates your interests in public health and our program in particular.
- Clearances: The M.P.H. program requires students to complete fieldwork education. In the M.P.H. program, it is the fieldwork site that determines the clearances, such as criminal background check and FBI fingerprinting, needed by a student.
- Resume: Current resume or CV required.
- Test Waivers: Graduates with a terminal degree from a U.S. medical school, foreign-trained physicians who have obtained licensure to practice in the United States, and those with a Ph.D. may have the GRE requirement waived.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International29358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1398 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State21420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.