Environmental factors and sustainable development are the predominant determinants of health in individuals and communities. Proper environmental management is the key to protecting public health and avoiding most preventable illnesses, which are directly caused by environmental factors. The environment influences our health in many ways, including exposure to physical, chemical, and biological risk factors, and related changes in our behavior in response to those factors.
Areas of Specialization: The Environmental Health degree program at Temple University is offered in five specialty fields of study:
- Applied Biostatistics (APBIO)
- Environmental Health (EH)
- Epidemiology (EPI)
- Health Policy and Management (HPM)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
In addition, a certificate in Global Health is available to all students in the M.P.H. program. Students are able to complete this transcripted concentration by utilizing their three elective courses for Global Health classes.
Job Prospects: Graduates with an M.P.H. in Environmental Health have positions in a wide range of health-related settings, including state and local public health departments, community-based organizations, voluntary health agencies, health maintenance organizations, hospitals, clinics, schools, and work sites. Graduates are employed as infection control coordinators, project directors, evaluation specialists, marketing specialists, research directors, prevention specialists, environmental health specialists, senior health educators, and adjunct faculty and consultants. Virtually all students are placed within three to six months of graduation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Current and Emerging Issues in Public Health and Health Professions
- Environmental Health
- Applied Analysis of Health
- Epidemiological Research Methods I
- Political and Economic Aspects of Health
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Environmental Sciences View 802 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1358 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1358 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1358 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State988 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 988 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.