The Pharmaceutical Biotechnologies degree from University of Padua explores traditional and forefront disciplines with a specific attention in the design, production and characterisation of innovative drugs, such as biologics and drugs employed in targeted therapies.
A course provided in English, meeting the needs of modern pharmaceutical research, preparing professionals with a solid knowledge in the pharmaceutical and technological fields typical of biopharmaceuticals, combined with an in-depth training in molecular biology, structural biochemistry, genetic engineering and protein engineering, as well as specific technical and regulatory expertise in problems related to research, development, control and advice about newly developed drugs.
You can work in research laboratories or collaborate with public or private organisations in the biotechnological-pharmaceutical sector, dealing with research, design, production and formulation and analysis of innovative and biotechnological drugs, but also with quality control in the biomedical, diagnostic and nutritional fields.
Graduates work mainly as expert technicians and researchers in Academia and in medical, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, diagnostic, cosmetic and nutraceutical industries.
- Molecular and Experimental Pharmacology
- Advanced Reactivity and Modelling
- Protein Engineering
- Proteomics and Biochemical Methodologies
- Structural Biochemistry
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Drug Discovery and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Pharmacy Biotechnology View 29 other Masters in Biotechnology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Biotechnologies or related subjects is required, or proven skills in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Human Anatomy, Histology, Genetics, General, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry, Industrial and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Applied Pharmaceutical Technology
- Additional entry requirements – Entry title and GPA
International2626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2626 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2626 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.