The MSc in Media Management (MMM) at USI aims to help future media officers, business communicators and other professionals, including journalists, enhance their knowledge and understanding of modern media and communication industries, preparing them to meet the many challenges posed by a period of unprecedented changes to digital mass and social media.
The MSc in Media Management from Università della Svizzera Italiana (USI)examines strategies employed by various companies and organisations to expand their businesses in a digital environment and we also teach students to develop the necessary skills for effective communication campaigns to reach employees, clients and consumers in a local, national and global context. With the MSc in Media Management, students will learn why every company is now a media organisation.
Students will examine the transmedia nature of every modern media product, understanding the role of giant tech companies in changing the face of modern media and communications. The course is particularly useful for students wishing to understand the nature of modern media practice and economic management including journalism, advertising and social media. The course examines modern strategic management tools as a way of managing businesses in the digital media and social media age.
The goal of the Master is to develop and train media and communication professionals, public servants and commercial entrepreneurs about the key characteristics and market conditions of modern digital media. We provide a thorough analysis of key production, distribution and marketing processes within media organizations as well as other companies in contemporary digital and social media environment.
Our students also gain specific knowledge about the digital revolution of communication technologies in a globalized context, including cultural, political-economic and social elements that are shaping new business models for all companies, media and non-media.
In order to let students familiarize with the professional world, the Master offers internships at companies who operate in the media sector as well as companies require creating and distributing online or mobile content to reach larger audiences on a global scale.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Economics and Policy
- History of Media Management
- The Network Society
- Orthodox and Critical Perspectives in Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Newsroom Management and Economics of Journalism
- Swiss Media System
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMedia Management Digital Marketing View 3 other Masters in Media Management in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of past diplomas (Bachelor, licentiate, four-year degree, maturity);
- Official transcript of results of university examinations;
- Certified translation of any diplomas written in a language other than Italian, German, French, English, or Spanish;
- Curriculum vitae (Resume) - in the language of the Master's programme;
- Personal letter of motivation drafted by the candidate - in the language of the Master's programme;
- Official certification of proficiency in English;
- Copy of an identity card or passport;
- Copy of residence permit for foreign nationals already domiciled in Switzerland.
International7432 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3716 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3716 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1858 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- National: CHF 2,000 per semester
- International: CHF 4,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.