The comprehensive Music Education graduate program at Temple University is structured to help students gain a deeper understanding of advanced educational and music learning theories, key music education principles and effective practices, and research methodologies.
- effective practices in music education throughout the lifespan;
- appropriate and effective measurement tools for use in music instructional programs and research;
- artistry in music and music teaching;
- contemporary theories in education and culturally responsive music teaching; and
- modern investigative techniques in music and music education.
Fully accredited by National Association of Schools of Music, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, this 30-credit degree provides opportunities for studies in music education practice and music education research.
Through a rigorous course of study, students are prepared to seek permanent teaching certification in Pennsylvania, advance existing teaching careers, or apply to music education doctoral programs. Coursework hones knowledge of:
Students typically find employment in educational systems and also within the music industry. The program also is recommended for those who plan to pursue a doctoral degree in Music Education.
- Psych Music Lrn & Behav
- Measurement and Evaluation in Music
- Learning Theory in Music
- Research in Music Education
- Master's Final Project
- 12 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Applications for the Music Education MM are taken year-round.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 4338 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Provide a written account of your accomplishments to date, your goals and expectations for the program, your goals for beyond the program, and your special interests in the discipline.
- Resume: Your current resume must be submitted in paper form with other supporting application materials and forwarded electronically to the department chair.
- Teaching Certification: Applicants must be certified to teach in at least one state in the United States. A copy of the teaching certificate must be submitted.
- Academic and Musical Profile (AMP)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
National43740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1458 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.