Many students of the Media Studies and Production program at Temple University concentrate wholly on the department's scholarly curriculum as excellent preparation for doctoral training. Others desire professional media training. This may involve preparation for a number of career options, including corporate communication, marketing and research, mass media and new media production, media management, and media publicity and advertising.
Areas of Specialization: The program offers two concentrations:
- Communication Scholarship, which covers the history, economics, law, regulation, and policy pertaining to broadcast, cable, and new technology industries in both national and international contexts; social processes such as the psychology, sociology, cultural study, and politics of both media and communications technology, particularly in terms of their impact on everyday life; and the analysis of the behavior and management of communications systems, particularly in terms of the media and telecommunication industries and institutions.
- Media Production and Business, which covers TV, radio, computer, and multimedia production; corporate communications; media management, marketing, and research; and media publicity and advertising.
Given that all institutions engage with media in today’s society, graduates find positions in academia, the corporate sector, government/public service, nonprofit organizations, and private media.
- Communication Concepts
- Communication Research Methods
- Masters Colloquium
- Media Institutions
- Media Technology and Culture
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 417 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Statement of Goals: In approximately 1,000 words
- Standardized Test Scores
- Resume: Current professional resume or curriculum vitae is required.
- Writing Sample/Production Portfolio
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International51876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1441 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51876 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1441 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State38808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1078 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.