Highly respected by employers and clinicians alike, this course develops nursing skills and knowledge that enable improvement in person-centred care and patient outcomes. This encompasses the areas of clinical, chronic and complex care (ageing and palliation), primary health care, education, management and research.
The Master of Advanced Nursing at the University of Technology Sydney has been developed with a key stakeholder group which includes educators, clinical nurse consultants, nurse unit managers, directors of nursing and consumers. This ensures that graduate attributes are professionally relevant, and meet both current and future needs of employers and the community.
This course aims to:
- develop students' careers as advanced clinicians, managers, educators or nurse practitioners
- provide students with choice and flexibility to customise their program
- extend students' capabilities and build confidence and leadership skills
- empower students to take on the challenges and complexities of leadership in nursing
- provide academic experience and qualification.
CareersStudents develop nursing skills and knowledge that enable improvement in person-centred care and patient outcomes. This course develops a variety of career options depending on the major and sub-major chosen. Career options include leadership positions in advanced roles, for example clinical, chronic and complex care (ageing and palliation), primary health care, education, management, research, clinical nurse specialist or consultant, nursing management, complex case management, nursing education and aged care.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Critical Care Nursing
- Health Breakdown
- Complex Critical Care
- Specialty Clinical Practice
- Nursing Leadership in Contemporary Health Care
- Evidence-based Practice
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 151 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have:
- Current registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Registration will be confirmed via the National Register of Practitioners (opens an external site).
- At least one year full time post-registration clinical experience.
- In some cases, applicants must have concurrent employment in the specific specialty clinical area of study and one year of post-registration clinical experience. Suitability for enrolment will be determined by the Course Coordinator.
International applicants must be a registered nurse in their own country or place of residence and hold a current Authority to Practise. International applicants must also have at least one year of full time post-registration clinical experience.
The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
International35280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17640 AUD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.