The Master of Science in Internetworking at the University of Technology Sydney provides practical, hands-on learning experience using various resources, including the support provided by Cisco Systems for broad computer network and relevant applications, including routing, switching, security, wireless, mobile computing, web systems, cloud computing and operating systems. Advanced electives in internetworking are available. The program covers all aspects of the organisational use of networks: design, implementation, security, management, end systems and applications.
This course allows students to develop multiple skills across the internetworking field and the relevant application development field, according to interest and elective choices, for example, switching and routing, systems and network management and analysis, network security, mobility, cloud computing, computer network application development and web development.
This program aims to:
- meet the needs of industry for computer network professionals
- target a number of industry-based certifications: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), and CCNA Security
- retrain IT professionals wishing to move into computer networking and its relevant fields
- provide a thorough and practical grounding in networking, network design, network administration and network management
- provide a solid foundation for the development of web and mobile application, and
- meet students' needs by allowing specialisation through project work and subject choice.
Career options include computer network and systems engineer, network administrator, network analyst and security specialist. Depending upon electives chosen, other career options include applications developer, network architect, cloud computing specialist or network manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Mobile Communications and Computing
- LANS and Routing
- Technology Research Preparation
- Network Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 112 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree be in information technology or a related discipline, with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1003 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1003 AUD per credit during 18 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS FEIT International Mathematical Olympiad Scholarship Vietnam
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.