In today’s world, design is a pivotal strategic tool when it comes to innovation and change (involving organisations, society, technology, business...) owing to its potential to offer co-creative solutions that simultaneously meet the needs of the brand, the market and the company by studying users and their needs.
The Master in Design Management - IED Barcelona at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) encourages its professionals to apply specific, agile and innovative methodologies to develop real projects for real companies, thus fostering a culture of innovation and experimentation. As well as talks, conferences and workshops, the course includes two trips to cities around Europe such as Amsterdam or Geneva, ending with a final personal research project.
Students who take this course add value to their professional experience in both business companies, design studios and strategy firms, practicing design management in positions such as design department managers, brand managers, design directors, innovation directors, service designers and design strategists. Also work as managers and executive responsible for making decisions about how design is used in the organization, in companies, design and innovation agencies, but also in education and government agencies.
Design managers deal managing teams that might include industrial design, graphic design, service design, environment design, brand identity, fashion design, interface design, interior design, experience design, architecture and engineering.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Finding Value In Opportunities
- Developing Design And Business Concepts
- Bringing Innovative Concepts To Market
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Management, Organisation & Leadership View 17 other Masters in Design in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ID (Spanish students) or Passport (international students) scanned
- University Diploma (Bachelor, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent) scanned
- Motivation Letter in the Postgraduate’s language
- CV in the Postgraduate’s language specifying languages level and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish or English as appropriate. For courses taught in English requires an intermediate level, corresponding to a paper TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6,5. For courses in Spanish requires a level B2. In case you don’t have any qualification, it will be necessary to assess your level through an in-person or Skype interview
- Portfolio for creative Postgraduates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
EU/EEA20500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR for the full programme during 11 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.