Why study MSc Telecommunications Engineering at Middlesex University?
This Telecommunications Engineering MSc programme at the Middlesex University provides a thorough understanding of modern and future communication systems and offers the opportunity to develop relevant practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to be at the forefront of the rapidly evolving telecommunications sector where the demand for skilled graduates is very high.
The department is very active in cutting-edge research and you will be encouraged to learn, explore and work within our award-winning technology centre and telecoms laboratories. The labs are equipped with specialist hardware from National Instruments (NI), including the industry standard NI- USRP reconfigurable radio platform, and software such as MATLAB & Simulink, Cisco Packet Tracer, Riverbed Modeller, and EDX Signal Pro.
- You will be taught by experts in diverse areas of research with contributions at international conferences and publications in journals
- Middlesex University is an official Cisco Academy and as part of your studies, you'll have the chance to work towards a Cisco CCNA professional certification
- The course is accredited by the British Computer Society for both Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and Chartered Scientist (CSci) status
- As a student of this course you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop the skills and personal qualities required to support your career profile in the telecommunications field. Well qualified telecoms engineering graduates are in high demand and as a graduate, you will be able to pursue careers involving in:
- Design and development of the latest communication networks
- Maintenance, upgrade and validation of existing telecommunications infrastructure
- Research in Wireless Communications and Networking
You will also be ideally placed to explore a variety of roles such as Wireless Professional (LTE/Advanced-LTE/5G), Smart Monitoring Graduate Engineer (IoT), Technology Analyst, Application Analyst, Technical Support Engineer/Consulting Engineer or Software Engineer. The majority of our graduates are in roles directly related to their studies and working in programming, telecommunications engineering, and network management.
- Computer Networks and Internetworking
- Data Communication and Information Theory
- Digital Transmission Systems
- Mobile Communications
- Broadband Technologies and Fibre Optics
- Telecommunication Security
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Communications Engineering View 137 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 honours degree or above in computer science, science or engineering
- Candidates with other degrees but with relevant work experience will also be considered and are encouraged to apply.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.