Architectural design subjects enhance a critical understanding of architecture as both a discipline with an existing body of knowledge and a set of practices that continuously challenge and add to that body of knowledge. Research is undertaken as a preliminary to design decision-making, during design and in reflection on design development. Architectural practice subjects prepare students for expanded practice in emerging media and markets, contemporary business practice and global economies and within challenging social, environmental, political and regulatory contexts. Students who complete a Master of Architecture at the University of Technology Sydney and subsequent practical experience are eligible to become registered architects.
The course aims to produce graduates who are able to:
- work collaboratively in local and international architectural practices of differing scale, structure and operation
- be strategic and enterprising practice leaders
- critically analyse, evaluate, question and engage in informed argument
- communicate ideas effectively
- extend knowledge and understanding through research skills and to transfer this creatively through the design process
- put forward accurate and persuasive architectural proposals, and
- apply ethical, environmental, cultural, aesthetic and technological considerations in architectural practice.
Career options include architect, designer or urban designer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Practice: Research Cultures
- Masters Architectural Design Studio
- Practice: The Profession
- Practice: Finance and Project Management
- Masters Architectural Design Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Landscape Architecture View 79 other Masters in Architecture in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicant must have a UTS Bachelor of Design in Architecture or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42096 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 877 AUD per credit during 24 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.