The Master of Design from the University of Technology Sydney centres on building a design community network and has two main components: specialised master classes led by a studio leader and industry partners; and theory and technology subjects taught across the program.
The program focuses on and integrates research, industry collaboration, internationalisation and a design culture through the delivery of specialist, core and transdisciplinary subjects. It provides a postgraduate education that is flexible in both its practice orientation and research integration.
With a focus on design evolution, innovative integration of new technologies, practice and student experimentation, this Master of Design is delivered by experienced studio leaders who are acknowledged leaders in their specific industries and professions.
Designed to produce a balance between high levels of specialisation and lateral thinking, the program enables students to examine design from a transdisciplinary perspective.
It enables students to explore design issues under the supervision of a practice leader, to learn new strategies and the application of research and theory. It supports best practices in postgraduate design education through learning and research strategies that critically examine design practice.
Graduates of this course are leaders in design and related industries through their expertise in product and service development. They are able to utilise strategic processes, creative tools and research skills for innovation in design.
The program provides a suite of subjects for postgraduate designers in the areas of interaction, strategy, design ethnography, physical prototyping, web design and designer identity. Common subjects explore related conceptual challenges and questions of visual expression in the quest to develop useful, usable and resonant designs. These include understanding and articulating the importance of user experience, the role of design in humanising information, the aesthetic and conceptual dynamics of effective communication, strategic thinking, and aspects of design management, branding and communication.
Graduates' careers are enhanced by high-level professional knowledge and skills for the workplace, with possession of specialised knowledge in interaction, sustainable design and innovation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Design Studio choice
- Electives (Design)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Interior Design View 13 other Masters in Industrial Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- Applicants must have a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a design-related field with a mid-credit (70) average.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International833 AUD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 833 AUD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
- UTS Nepal Scholarship (Postgraduate Coursework)
- UTS Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.