The Early Childhood Education master’s degree program at Temple University provides you with the theoretical knowledge and instructional techniques to adapt classroom instruction to the developmental changes of childhood and early adolescence.
Beyond the foundational courses, you will develop—or sharpen—instructional strategies for teaching literacy, math, science and social studies in a manner that complements the cognitive and emotional capacities of young children. You will also learn how to effectively teach children who are English language learners, have disabilities or face other educational challenges.
Your master’s program culminates in a semester-long student teaching assignment, during which you’ll hone your classroom instruction and management skills. A capstone course gives you the opportunity to reflect on your student teaching experience and the degree program in general.
The Master of Education in Early Childhood Education is primarily designed to place you in an elementary school classroom. However, you can also use this degree to find employment in other education-related positions.
- Child and Adol Develop
- Seminar Series: Problems in Educational Psychology
- Early Literacy and Language Development: Birth-Kindergarten
- Mathematics Education for the Early Years: PreK-4
- Social Studies Education for the Early Years: PreK-4
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3460 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Temple University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 2
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: In 500 to 1,000 words, outline your interest in seeking a master’s degree with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Clearances: A Pennsylvania criminal background check, a federal criminal history check, a child abuse clearance, and a TB test are required upon enrollment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International51097 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1381 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51097 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1381 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State37148 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1004 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.